1876 ~ 2008
Gormandale – 1876 ~ 2001 ~ The township of Gormandale in the Wellington Shire is between Traralgon and Yarram. Leaving Gormandale the Cemetery is on the left 2kms. to the south travelling towards Yarram on Hyland Highway. Travelling from Yarram it is 38kms. It is signposted and still in use.
A cemetery was established at Gormandale in 1895. It was officially formed in 1906 although records have been kept since 1903. The first Trust members were – W.J.Power, E. B. Missen, R. Hare, R.A.Graham, Jas Huffer Snr. and Wm. Huffer, Secretary. The burial of Elizabeth Huffer in 1903, is the first recorded and other early entries in the Register were A.M.Missen, 1903 and Syd Horsley in 1904.
The cemetery is situated in a natural bush setting and is very well maintained by the cemetery trust. Gormandale cemetery is about 20 acres in size, with about 5 acres being used at the present. Religious Denominations are also signposted.
The earliest headstone is 1876 and the cemetery is still used today.
Full Burial Register plus Pictorial Register of all headstones – Parents where known have been added. Plus Cemetery Layout.
Many thanks goes to Mr. Gary Thexton for his help with the burials and history of the cemetery.
If you would like more information on any of the burials in the Gormandale Cemetery found on this CD-ROM please contact the secretary Mr. Gary Thexton, Traralgon Road, Gormandale, 3873.
Cost ~ $40.00
Entrance to the Gormandale Cemetery